Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dr.Larry Lines, The Lord Of The Seismic Lines

Here we have good, very good and the excellent. Nobody is weak, nobody is bad. Every piece of your effort counts. This is Larry Lines class. And this is how he treats people. I believe he is not playing this. He deeply believes it. Everybody is good. Larry Lines reminds me another teacher of mine, Dr.Mehrdad Esfandiari in University of Tehran, which I owe half of my life to him. I have seen many teachers, almost all with high ethical values. All of them deeply believe and practically appreciate that every human being is equal, but just a few really believe that people are equally good.
Dr.Lines has been head of department of Geoscience (Geology and Geophysics) at University of Calgary since 2002. He has worked for Oil and Gas companies for years.
With all these experience and all the respects everyone has for him, he still is as simple as his students. Beside lots of things I learnt from him in Geophysics, he also taught me how to keep the life simple and happy while you are in top. Salute Sir! Salute!

No comments: